Featured images are used to display images outside of the normal content area. This is commonly used to display a small thumbnail image next to your blog posts on your homepage, or a special image in the sidebar.
Adding Featured Images
- Log into the WordPress admin.
- Select a post or page.
- Click “Set featured image” to the right underneath “Page Attributes.”
- Select an image from your computer, URL, or the media library.
- Update the alt and title text for the image.
- Click “Use as featured image.”
Please refer to your site guide for recommended featured image sizes.